Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Vegetarian Sushi

Vegetarian Sushi, can life get any better? I'm looking to find ways to raise my carb intake to appease my dietitian I've settled on eating more rice. Usually I only buy brown rice but until I get better at making rolls and rice balls, white will have to do. Be careful in buying white rice. It is often enriched and may contain wheat products. To celebrate our tax refunds finally coming in we decided to celebrate by picking up some tasty treats from Byerly's. Bear went for a ham and brie sandwich. I went for Spring rolls, vegetarian sushi, and seafood salad. The spring roll is made with a rice spring roll wrapper, cucumber, avocado, carrots, and green lettuce. The vegetarian sushi rolls are made with rice, carrot, cucumber, avocado, and seaweed. The sea food salad is a rare treat and I will not be trying to replicate that recipe... As for the other two. I have already replicated the spring rolls and will be posting how to make them shortly along with ginger chicken stuffed rice balls... But that's later, for now, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment