Thursday, February 10, 2011

Heavenly Bliss

I've named this Heavenly Bliss. I was cleaning out the freezer yesterday and among the piles and piles of frozen banana's I found three random frozen strawberries. I decided to make a smoothie using:
2 smallish frozen bananas
3 frozen largish strawberries
and just a splash of unsweetened almond milk

This was my first time making a smoothie without ice cream or yogurt and did not want it to be overly liquidy so I decided to add only the tiniest amount of almond milk to begin with. It turned out to be a good thing and ended up with a texture and taste not unlike an incredibly smooth ice cream. This recipe yields just a little over a cup of Heavenly Bliss. What an incredible healthy (not to mention vegan) alternative for sugar cravings. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment