Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dairy Free for a Month Challenge: Day 1

For the past 4 years Doctors, Dietitians, Bear and I have all been looking over my diet and trying to find where we are going wrong. Serving size is fine. I've eliminated gluten, cow milk, red meats, and egg yokes. Which led us to suspect CHEESE. I love my cheese and perhaps a bit to much; so for one month I am giving up dairy to see if there is any change in my health or waistline. Bear (bless his heart) is taking the challenge with me. We're not going to nit pick everything, we're just getting rid of cheese, creams and other dairy based foods. I will do my best to post our menu every day and it's nutrition table. Wish us luck!Breakfast: Two scrambled egg whites with peppers and black olives. One slice of gluten free toast topped with tofu cream cheese and half a green apple.
Total
Cal: 173 Carb: 25 Chol: 0 Fat: 12.25 Sugar 8.5
Snack: Half a medium sized grapefruit.
Total
Cal: 23.6 Carb: 9.3 Chol: 0 Fat: .1 Sugar 8
Lunch: Skinless Cajun seasoned chicken, Broccoli, potato topped with spicy guacamole
Total
Cal: 310 Carb: 33 Chol: 70 Fat: 6 Sugar 3
Dinner: Turkey burger, broccoli, potato topped with spicy guacamole
Total
Cal: 525 Carb: 57.9 Chol: 75 Fat: 16 Sugar 4
Snack: Popcorn and one cup ginger ale.
Total
Cal: 150 Carb: 62 Chol: 0 Fat: 18 Sugar 24
-------------------------------------------------

DAILY TOTAL:


Cal:
1181.6 Carb:187.2g Chol:145mg Fat:52.4g Sugar:47.5g

No comments:

Post a Comment