Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Udi's Lemon Streusel Muffins

It was raining hard when I woke up. I decided that this was a perfect morning for a naughty breakfast. I picked up some Udi's lemon streusel muffins the last time I was at the store. They are gluten free, soy free dairy free, and nut free. I love Udi's bread so I figured I would try some of their other products; and this was just the morning to do it. The muffin was light and moist. I warmed it up in the microwave for a few seconds and sat in my bay window to watch the storm rage. The muffin had 43 carbs I drank one cup of almond milk with it, which had 2 carbs. This brought it to the perfect 45 carbs per meal that my nutritionist wanted me to work on. I feel stuffed. Next time I might try cutting the muffin in half and having some fruit with it. I was so excited when she told me my carbs were low and I needed more. Now, I'm not so sure. I feel like the Stay Puft marshmallow man. I feel bloated. I'm not sure how eating like this is going to help me Loose weight. I think that my dietitians main concern was getting my Hypoglycemia under control instead of loosing the weight; but shouldn't the two go hand in hand? Just my rambling thoughts. I'm sure this is not the type of breakfast she had in mind for me. Usually I avoid this type of sweet, but it was so yummy. We will see what happens in the days to come. In the mean time I'm going to pour myself a cup of tea, lean back, and watch the lightning shatter jagged cracks in the sky. I love a good storm, don't you? Enjoy!

1 comment: